Demesne Electrical is committed to practice standards in promoting environmentally responsible operations across all aspects of the business.
- We review all inward and outward bound freight to work with Companies that are actively working to reduce their carbon footprint.
- Reducing our energy by ensuring printers, computers and office equipment, heating and lighting are switched off when not in use or set on timer switches.
- Using low energy light fittings where possible.
- Recycling of electrical equipment, batteries, and printer toner cartridges, e.g. WEEE
- Recycling our packaging materials, i.e., cardboard, boxes, wrapping, glass, plastics.
- Reducing our paper waste and printing by moving to almost 100% electronic communication with our customers, suppliers, and partners.
- Moving to web-based advertisement for product catalogue and pricing; therefore, minimising our print output year on year.
- Providing a high-level software and IT security system.
- Transferring to electric vehicles for senior executives and hopefully for all relevant external staff by 2025.
Our Staff Are Our Future
We invest in our staff and their wellbeing for the future:
- Product Training
- Healthcare Scheme
- Health & Safety Training
- Bonus Structure to incentivise Staff to reach their potential and add to their income.
- Provide appropriate work wear.
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Free Eyesight Testing
- Early finishing on Friday
- Supply of Fresh Fruit Weekly
- Staff Intranet with general information and tips on Health, Nutrition and Fitness
- Social Outings
- We have structured Recruitment & Performance Procedures to get the best from our people and them from us.
- Differences in Gender is monitored and reported monthly to highlight our awareness and commitment to transparency.
- We are understanding and empathetic to staff challenges, and endeavour to provide a supportive and encouraging work environment for all.